Greater Hartford Memory Care Center
Congestive Heart Failure Rehabilitation Program
A Touchpoints Rehab Signature Program
Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Sleep Medicine Program
Consultation by Board Certified Pulmonologists, Sleep Medicine Specialist and Respiratory Therapist
Accelerated Recovery: Prehab, Rehab and Post Surgical Care
We go "BEYOND THE JOINT" with our Touchpoints Prehabilitation; a unique and signature program.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
Treating COPD and other respiratory disease
Skilled Nursing and Sub-Acute Specialty Programs
Touchpoints Therapy - Rehabilitation Services
Cardiac Recovery Services
Dietary Services - Dining Experience
Social Services, Care and Discharge Planning
Congestive Heart Failure Rehabilitation
A Touchpoints Rehab Signature Program
Through Touchpoints Rehab’s comprehensive heart failure rehabilitation program, our patients receive personalized care from our multidisciplinary team, with attention to maximizing the effectiveness of medication therapy, enhancing knowledge of chronic disease and increasing exercise tolerance. Care is tailored to the unique needs of each of our patients as they move through the continuum of care.
Touchpoints at Farmington offers both inpatient and outpatient programs designed to optimize therapy, promote recovery, and provide ongoing quality of life for patients experiencing congestive heart failure.
Our heart failure program is customized to the patient’s needs and include:
- Ongoing cardiac evaluations
- Cardiac education for you and your family
- Heart healthy menu
- weight monitoring
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Customized care planning
- Home support and discharge planning
- IV Lasix, Bumex and Milrinone therapies
- Weekly lab value monitoring
Individuals entering rehabilitation are always unique, but their primary objective is typically the same – a return to health, home and what’s important in life, as soon as possible. At Touchpoints Rehab we understand. Our innovative, personalized program is designed to accelerate the recovery process, so that patients can Get Well, Live Well and Be Well, faster, better and with fewer challenges than any traditional rehabilitation program.
Some patients who have been hospitalized following heart failure may be encouraged to stay in a post-acute facility to regain their strength. Our network partnerships ensure that our patients receive rehabilitation services in close collaboration with their medical team within the hospital networks. The key features of this unique approach include:
- The Touchpoints Rehab team has been trained by the hospital network heart failure team. The clinical team follows their established protocols.
- Touchpoints Rehab has an experienced physician and physician extenders on staff.
- The Touchpoints Rehab team includes a dedicated Director of Transitional Care who follows heart failure patients through the course of their care, including after discharge home and provides additional, continuous clinical over- sight and support.
- The hospital and Touchpoints Rehab teams remain in continuous communication, working together to ensure a smooth transition. In addition, the hospital team remains informed on the progress of patients’ post-acute stays on a daily basis and continuing through discharge home.
- Touchpoints Rehab staff are skilled in the delivery of all IV treatments and modalities.
- Consultations and daily communication with the hospital team ensure continuity of care and optimal treatment decisions.
- Careful oversight of progress and a quieter, more personal environment are highly conducive to rapid improvements.
- Individually paced rehab programming enables faster recovery, stabilization and restoration of strength.