Congestive Heart Failure Rehabilitation
A Touchpoints Rehab Signature Program
Through Touchpoints Rehab’s comprehensive congestive heart failure rehabilitation program, our patients receive personalized care from our multidisciplinary team, including consulting cardiology APRNs, specially trained transitional care nurses and pulmonologists. Program goals include maximizing the effectiveness of medication therapy, enhancing knowledge of chronic disease and self management skills and increasing exercise tolerance. Check out the video at the bottom of this page.
The Touchpoints Care Transitions Nursing and Respiratory Care team tailor care and services to the unique needs of each of our patients as they move through the continuum of care, including and especially the transition back home.
Touchpoints at Farmington offers both inpatient and outpatient programs designed to optimize therapy, promote recovery, and provide ongoing quality of life for patients experiencing congestive heart failure.
Our heart failure program is customized to the patient’s needs and include:
- Ongoing cardiac evaluations and close, personal monitoring by the care transitions nursing team
- Cardiac education for you and your family
- Heart healthy menu
- Weight monitoring for fluid retention and diuresis
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Personalize care planning
- Home support and discharge planning
- IV Lasix, Bumex, Dobutamine and Milrinone therapies
- Weekly lab value monitoring
Individuals entering rehabilitation are always unique, but their primary objective is typically the same – a return to health, home and what’s important in life, as soon as possible. At Touchpoints Rehab we understand. Our innovative, personalized program is designed to accelerate the recovery process, so that patients can Get Well, Live Well and Be Well, faster, better and with fewer challenges than any traditional rehabilitation program.
Many heart failure patients may be encouraged to receive care in a post-acute center (ie. nursing home) to regain their strength following hospitalization for heart failure exacerbation. Our network partnerships ensure that our patients receive rehabilitation services in close collaboration with their medical team within the hospital networks.
The key features of Touchpoints Rehab’s unique approach include:
Dynamic relationships with several acute care hospital networks and have been trained by their respective heart failure teams. The clinical team follows established protocols.
- Experienced physician and physician extenders on staff, such as APRNs with cardiology specialties.
- Team includes a dedicated RN-level Director of Transitional Care who follows heart failure patients through the course of their care, including after discharge home and provides additional, continuous clinical over-sight and support.
- Several acute hospital networks and the Touchpoints Rehab care transitions team remain in continuous communication, working together to ensure a smooth transition. In addition, the hospital team remains informed on the progress of patients’ post-acute stays on a daily basis and continuing through discharge home.
- Staff are skilled in the delivery of all IV treatments and modalities including advanced IV infusion therapies only available in a few locations through special training and state permission.
- Consultations and daily communication with the hospital team ensure continuity of care and optimal treatment decisions.
- Careful oversight of progress and a quieter, more personal environment are highly conducive to rapid improvements.
- Individually paced rehab programming enables faster recovery, stabilization and restoration of strength.
Congestive Heart Failure Rehabilitation Program
A Touchpoints Rehab Signature Program
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
Consultation by a Board Certified Pulmonologist and Respiratory Therapist
Respite Care Services
Accelerated Recovery: Prehab, Rehab and Post Surgical Care
We go "BEYOND THE JOINT" with our Touchpoints Pre-habilitation; a unique and signature program.
Skilled Nursing and Sub-Acute Specialty Programs
Rehabilitation Services by Touchpoints Therapy
Greater Hartford Memory Care Center
Compassionate Care for Persons with Dementia, Alzheimer's Disease or other Cognitive Disorders
Dietary Services - Dining Experience
Social Services, Care and Discharge Planning